A limited number pages, printable resources and tutorials are open access, so you can look around at some of the content available, but you'll need to subscribe and login to get the best bits!
There are two sections to the website:
Frequently Asked Questions
Kids and Carers - for children and their parents, up to 12 years of age.
Teachers and Trainers - access to all of the Kids and Carers pages (so you can put your students on it), PLUS advanced features for downloading and producing class materials.
- Online Games and Activities
- Searchable Sign Language Dictionary with outline sign images PLUS many videos, colour clipart and pictograms
- Resource Database - Search for a resource on a topic, or containing certain signs and type (worksheets, songsheet, cards etc.) - Only Children friendly and basic / intermediate level signs
- Tutorials and Online Courses in receptive sign, based on our learning levels
- Creators - Create Posters, Room Labels and Flash Cards
- Time Telling - Introduction and Activities
- Numbers and Numeracy - Introduction and Activities
- Online discussion board - kids topics
- Setup Profiles for each member of the family (up to 10). Track your tutorial progress and compare your scores.
- Telephone support through our 1800 number (subject to availability) or email
Site Licence - for a school or wider organisation
- Access to the Kids and Carers AND Teachers and Trainer Sections
- Resource Database - Search for a resource on a topic, or containing certain signs. All resources, including sign language grammar material
- Create custom Resources (dictionary pages, worksheets, dice or domino's) from Categories, Learning Levels or your own word list. Printable and Savable output
- Online Text-To-Keysign Converter. Save the output, print or email between computers
- Learn and revise Learning Levels and Categories using our online tutorial system
- Setup Groups for up to 10 classes, and Profiles for up to 100 students
- Online Text-To-Keysign Converter. Save the output, print, or email between computers
- Online discussion board on resources and how to use them (all topics)
- Phrase Interpreter - Enter an English phrase and have the signs displayed in sign grammar order! (under development)
- Class plans, workshop activities and curriculum material
These have been expanded and split for June 2011. Suggested plans are below, but our system is flexible so we can taylor a plan to suit your needs.
Remember to check back frequently we're always adding more signs, resources, creators, games and activities.
- Login from many computers simulaneously. Standard subscriptions only allow you to log in from one computer at any time
- Small - Up to 20 groups (classes) and 100 profiles (user acconts)
- Medium - Up to 75 groups and 850 user profiles
- Large - Up to 200 groups and 1500 user profiles
View the Brochure or Website Map
View a tour of the Adults Desk - including output examples and ideas, screen captures and a step by step guide to using each and every section of the teachers desk.
(Note : This is a power point presentation)